Friday, May 30, 2008

Bushra Ansari's Interview. Youth Magazine.

Interview : Bushra Ansari

By Aqsa Hussain.

I never had an idea that I would be more than welcomed with a beautiful smile by Bushra appa when I approached her for an interview. In spite of her very tough schedule, she managed to take out time declaring that it's very bad to ignore young aspirants. Bushra appa possesses amusing personality; she never let me get bored for even a second and made each second filled with lots of smiles and laughter. Her ultimate sense of humor is something that has taken her to heights. Apart from being a great comedian, singer and writer, inside Bushra Ansari is present a very loving and caring mother which I explored during interviewing her. "It's great to raise kids" says Bushra Ansari. Basic thing that she wants to be present in every kid or young adult is ethics and morals, and this is what she always tried to penetrate in her daughters which she successfully did. Let's find what else she reveals in this exclusive interview with Youth Magazine.


UTH: Which person in your life has motivated you and is your ideal?

BA: I was motivated and inspired by my father. He is no more in this world but he was a great man with an amazing personality. I never knew that he is the one whom I idealized but after his demise, I realized that my father was the one whom I drew my strength from and learned a lot. He suffered a lot due to his career but never gave up and continued to struggle. He was a great patriot and loved his country dearly.

UTH: Being the daughter of a journalist, how do you see the modern journalism and the way our news channels tend to make mole hole out of things?

BA: You're right to an extent. Present TV channels portray everything BIG. Even a small issue is elaborated. However, that is the same throughout the world. For example, when the new millennium started Western media made it such a big issue that no more computer systems would be working, all data will be removed, this will happen, that will happen, and you see nothing really happened.

Similarly in Pakistan media elaborates everything and it's good for several reasons. For example, take the case of the Chief Justice, the media was hailing him as a national hero. Previously, incidents used to take place but then everybody would forget, and lived lives in peace, because it was not discussed over and over again, but now due to the influx of so many channels the same thing is repeated again and again. I believe that everything should be moderate, so that it does not infuriate people. I think explosion of media has also helped Pakistani nation expose itself positively to modern world.

UTH: Tell us something about your mother?

BA: My mom was a very simple and sweet lady, brave wife and a loving mother. Although she was not well educated like my father but still she helped him in his every work. She was his best friend and always stood by him in his good and bad times. She helped him in almost everything. And you know what, it was only before the wedding that my father went to the salon for hair cut but after marriage, my mom used to trim his hair and even helped him in dressing himself. I learned a lot from her, which has helped me throughout my life.

UTH: As a mother what role did you play in raising your daughters? Did you ever feel the need for a son?

BA: No, I am contended as a mother of two daughters. I don't desire for a boy as both my sons-in-law are very nice, caring and loving. I have an adorable grandson who illuminates my life like a little angel. I'm a proud grandmother.

UTH: Tell us something about your relationship with your daughters.

BA: I have always been very lenient and understanding with my daughters and they have never made me angry or disobeyed me. I tried my level best to provide them with everything that responsible parents should. And by the grace of Almighty my daughters never disappointed me in anyway. Parents should actually not monitor their children every minute and make it difficult for them to live their lives independently. I believe in today's modern age, parents should develop a friendly relation with kids with a lot of understanding.

UTH: How have you inculcated moral values in your children?

BA: Mother shouldn't act like a Hitler but a friend. A friend with whom a child, daughter or son can share everything. The basic thing is ethics and morals. To me, if a parent successfully teaches his kids to be courteous enough even with servants, the parent is successful. Both my daughters are mashaAllah happily married. Moral values are not just a matter of talking to boys, hanging around with them etc. Parents should actually inculcate the basic rules inside their minds and don't let them disobey those rules.

UTH: What would you like to say about today's mother and Pakistani women?

BA: There are mothers who have sacrificed their lives for their children and husband. They actually aren't acknowledged and are not in limelight. Today's mother is of course as brave and courageous as she was ever before. I myself learned cooking despite being a known personality. There's just a little need to be patient because today's young lot has to be nurtured very carefully and intelligently. Still in some rural areas a woman is treated as a commodity, in spite of scarifying everything, her sacrifices are taken for granted which really hurts at times.


UTH: Coming towards contemporary drams, we still have Bushra Ansari, Shakeel, Durdana Butt, Uncle Sargum but why don't we get to see dramas like “Aangan Terha”, Tanhiyan”, “Tanhayaan”, “Hawain”, “Shezori” and programs like “Kaliyan”, “Fifty Fifty” now? We only had a big sitcom “Family Front”, but it also had artificial laughter to support the script.

BA: Well baita you see we are here but times have changed and so do our priorities. We did it once and are doing different stuff now. One gets bored of doing same stuff. Now it's up to new people, new lot to take it further and try and create nice comic stuff for viewers.

UTH: According to you what steps should be taken to revive the class of drama that we previously had?

BA: Our media needs a drastic change. A committee should be made which shouldn't let substandard quality programs go on air. There are certain Indian soaps going on air, which I really abhor. There should be a restriction or a specific policy following standards, on media. Not everything can be shown on television. Violence and vulgarity should not be shown on television. “Mehndi waley haath” and “Kajal” on Geo should be banned for ever. Those drams have no sense. Similarly ARY also copies Indian soap operas. Our old dramas were so decent that families could comfortably watch it.


UTH: Your favorite drama these days?

BA: I liked “Maney na yeh dil”, a drama serial which just concluded.

UTH: Did you ever feel the desire of working in films?

BA: “No never”. And why? I believe whatever a person does, he wants to do it respectfully and respect is the ultimate thing which a person wants to earn in every profession. Money and fame come next. I really don't think the way our film industry is, I can ever get respect and fame in positive terms by working in movies.

UTH: We do not give respect to our film actresses? What do you think is the reason behind that?

BA: Hmm... well our film actresses are not mature and well-educated. The main reason behind a composed and sensible personality is of course education which makes a person able enough to deal with media intelligently. It's not all about being straight forward and speak anything you want without even thinking it can harm your image as a professional actor. Our actresses badly need to realize that. However, I've found Reema to be a very sensible person. She knows what she speaks and that is what has made her do wonders.


UTH: Your favorite shopping place?

BA: Well there are many shopping arenas I like to shop from. Dubai is good. I found Bangkok very nice. I usually visit Dubai for shopping when I'm free.


UTH: Which is your favorite Book and who is your favorite writer?

BA: I like Shahab Nama by Qudrat ul Shahab's but my favorite writer is Bano Qudsia. I like her writing stuff very much.

To change the mood, I asked few question regarding music and singers.

UTH: Your favorite singer?

BA: All songs of Noor Jahan, Reshma, Lata, Aasha. As long as it is melodious and soulful with semi classical music and excellent vocals, I like it.

UTH: What are your future plans?

BA: I'm not much interested in doing a whole bunch of things simultaneously; basically I'm more into quality stuff. Quantity comes next or stands nowhere. I am doing my own talk show Brunch with Bushra. I have written a comic drama serial, planning for a serious one as well. That's it. I don't do long term planning.

UTH: Any international shooting plan?

BA: No. Not really for shooting drama. I will visit some country either America or any other for shows, but not for shooting purpose. I have limited my work. I am just focusing on quality stuff which I always have preferred throughout my career.


UTH: Which is your favorite movie?

BA: Baita currently I don't have any favorite movie as everything changes with the passage of time. But I liked Sangeeta's movie “MUTTHI BHAR CHAWAL”. I think it was a good movie, comparatively well-directed and carried a nice message.

She was rapid with the answers and I was trying to be quick with our questions. I further inquired about her age,

UTH: What's your age?

BA: Aii Haii ye kya pooch lya tum ney... (Laughs)...I've achieved a lot mashaAllah and don't hesitate in revealing the reality that I've reached at the age of 50 years.

UTH: Any message for the youngsters?

BA: Life is too demanding in future. It's becoming very challenging day by day. It's not about always working hard and anticipating desired result. Life and everything else is just too fast and youngsters ought to be not only mentally but physically fit. They should make themselves like a strengthened rock inside out. Getting success is good but being healthy enough to enjoy your success is something extremely important. Try and concentrate on your physical health to enjoy life.

No comments: